Burton OSHC aims to provide a quality Out of School Hours Care service at an affordable price Through everyday activities we aim to provide a rich play based environment that fosters life skills, independence, self-discipline and social skills including resilience and respect in all children who attend the program. We aim to implement a successful OSHC program that welcomes and caters to the needs of all of our families in the community. Burton OSHC uses the Early Years Learning Framework and My Time Our Place Framework to underpin our philosophy, policies and practice.
Please direct all enquiries to the OSHC Director Carol Philpot on 0488200207
Enrolment at OSHC
All children need to be enrolled with OSHC before they are able to attend the OSHC program. Enrolment forms will need to be completed and returned so that children can be entered onto the Child Care Management System which reports all child attendances to the Family Assistance Office.
Upon enrolment a $20 payment will be paid by parents enrolling their children into OSHC which will put their account in credit and cover the costs of OSHC fees while a direct debit form is set up to allow OSHC fees to be debited directly from parent’s bank accounts on a weekly basis. Fees will only be debited when parents owe OSHC fees. All family accounts will need to remain in credit to continue to use the OSHC program.
Attendances are sent to the Family Assistance Office (FAO) every Friday and weekly accounts are printed off Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning (depending on when Centrelink calculates and reports back CCS amounts). Accounts can be found in the OSHC room in the small white box near the sign in sheet/electronic device. All accounts are emailed to families either by Tuesday or Wednesday.
Before School Care (BSC) Fees are currently $14.00 a child per session.
After School Care (ASC) Fees are currently $20.00 a child per session.
Vacation Care (VAC) Fees are currently $55.00 a day per child.
Vacation Care (Vac) Fees are currently $60.00 a day per child on Excursion days.
Pupil Free Day (PFD) Fees are currently $55.00 a day per child.
Early Finish Fees are currently $24.00 a child per session.
Child Care Subsidy (CCS) is available to all parents and will offset OSHC fees to reduce the cost. Parents will pay a gap fee.
Fees go up annually and families will be given a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice before fees will increase.
OSHC Operating Times
BEFORE SCHOOL CARE (BSC) opens from 6.30am until 8.30 am.
- Before School Care is open from 6.30 am – 8.30 am. No child is allowed on the premises until opening time. Children are not to be signed in to the service earlier than 6.30 am.
AFTER SCHOOL CARE (ASC) is open from 3.05pm until 6.00pm
- After School Care is open from 3.05 pm – 6.00 pm. Children need to be collected by closing time. A late fee may be charged after 6.00 pm if a child is not picked up on time.
VACATION CARE (VAC) is open from 6.30am until 6.00pm.
- During the school holidays we are open from 6.30 am until 6.00 pm. Children need to be signed in and out by an adult on arrival and pickup. Children need to be collected by closing time. A late fee may be charged after 6.00 pm if a child is not picked up.
PUPIL FREE DAYS (PFD) are open from 6.30am until 6.00pm.
- During Pupil Free Days we are open from 6.30 am until 6.00 pm. Children need to be signed in and out by an adult on arrival and pickup. Children need to be collected by closing time. A late fee may be charged after 6.00 pm if a child is not picked up. Children will still need to bring a packed lunch and snacks to have throughout the day. Please advise staff if you need your Child/ren booked in for Pupil Free Days.
- School Closure is not always available due to staff attending Professional Development.
EARLY CLOSURE DAYS we open from 2.05pm until 6.00pm. Care will be provided and fees will be altered accordingly.
- On the last day of each term OSHC is open from 2.05 pm – 6.00 pm. Children need to be collected by closing time. A late fee may be charged after 6.00 pm if a child is not picked up.